× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QOS device not found

PapaLung
Apprentice

QOS device not found

So I understand that if you reset your xr1000 and then clear offline devices in the device manager, and one of the devices you cleared happened to have its own prioritized setting, it will trip the "QOS device not found" prompt, but is there a better way to rectify this issue without factory resetting every time it happens?? It's super time consuming having to install firmware, factory reset, reconfigure your router settings, dashboard ect just because you deleted an offline device, or, as I'm finding, any other issue this router seems to have. There has to be or should be a better way to handle small things of this nature without having to clear your afternoon to fix it.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: QOS device not found

Yes, then check in Device Manager that it has the same name and the same device type.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Only other way is to reconnect the device to the router via the same method as before (WiFi or ethernet), give it the same name and device type and it should work fine then
Message 2 of 4
PapaLung
Apprentice

I'll try it. I've erased it's reserved ip, hard reset it and rebooted the router, the only thing I haven't done is physically unhooked the ethernet cable and plug it back in. I'm assuming that is what you mean?
Message 3 of 4
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Yes, then check in Device Manager that it has the same name and the same device type.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7