× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RED blinking Ethernet port lights.

Phayt
Tutor

RED blinking Ethernet port lights.

My Router (R9000 (4MY16A5900AD7)) has been working great for a year or so. I was gaming on a rather hot day and suddenly lost connection.  When I checked the Router, the ethernet light was blinking RED (not amber).

My configuration is: my cable modem is connected to the Wan Port of the Router (Yellow port), My 24 port switch is connected to Ethernet Port 1 (I have tried several other ports with the same result).  My patch panel connects to the ports on the switch. All of my devices connect to the Patch Panel.

Neither Ethernet connections nor WiFi connections work through the Router.

Observation: The network port on the cable modem while connected to the router is solid amber on both LEDs.

What I have done. 

Power cycled the Router: No Change

Power cycled the Cable Modem, Router, and Switch: No Change.

Powered off the Router for several hours: No Change

Substituted a different router: I have connectivity for devices I have tested both Ehternet and WiFi

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RED blinking Ethernet port lights.

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ethernet switch if one is in the configuration.

Try a factory reset on the XR router. Power OFF the ISP modem for 30 seconds then back ON. Disconnect the switch from the XR router. Walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC. 

Do you get any WHITE leds after this? 

Message 2 of 4
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You may get more specific answers if you post your topic here https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-WiFi-Routers/bd-p/home-wifi-routers-nighthawk as that is the forum for your type of router.
Message 3 of 4
Phayt
Tutor

Thank you, reposted.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7