× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Nighthawk XR500 Antenna

suze
Aspirant

Router Nighthawk XR500 Antenna

Hello,

I've lost one antenna for this router. I have been searching everywhere, and lost hope to get it. So if U have this antenna from broken router or any ideas, Plz help me. I want to buy it. 

Ps. This antenna is "Antenna 3" name.

Best Regards Thomas

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: Router Nighthawk XR500 Antenna

These apparently work with the XR500 but I haven't tried them so could not recommend: https://www.amazon.com/ask/questions/TxUWOD4IY5WZHM/ref=ask_ql_ql_al_hza
Message 2 of 6
suze
Aspirant

Oh i didint write this before, but antenna 3, like antenna 2 have a extra long plug. Its need to go inside cover of router and have 3.2cm plug.

Look at photo.foto 

Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Christian_R @DarrenM any advice?
Message 4 of 6
suze
Aspirant

@Christian_R @DarrenM .@Netduma-Fraser

any more advice?

I had one more question about XR500 Mesh. I had Asus rt-ac5300 also, and want to use it like an extender (repater) in mesh, to have one name of wifi etc. Can i do it? and if i can where ill find option in xr500 (on rt-ac53

Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It's a hardware issue and we (Netduma) just created the software so I couldn't help with that unfortunately. You would have to look for that option on the Asus not the XR500 so it depends on whether that supports it. Otherwise you could put it in AP mode but it would have a different SSID, you could change it to match the XR500 and that should work in theory.
Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7