× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Unable to install because some filters are overlapping.

usermac
Luminary

Unable to install because some filters are overlapping.

When you add a device the geo filter ask for the game. What I dont under stand is if I add the same device one that is set up for PUBG and then try to add the same device to work with Call Of Duty for example it warns me "Unable to install because some filters are overlapping." Do I really have to delete the device when I change games or can I some how have one device added and change the game profile to match the game being played ? 

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 25
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: Unable to install because some filters are overlapping.

Good catch. The CoD profile uses most UDP ports, so it's rule overlaps with PUBG when you add that too. So I recommend you just use the CoD profile for both games. It will have no impact on your experience - you will be able to see all the PUBG servers etc and block accordingly.

Could you try this please.

Message 2 of 25
usermac
Luminary

I have done what you said but something does not seem right I am also getting really high ping host I will post screen shot.

Message 3 of 25
usermac
Luminary

When I choose the call of duty profile and then run pubg I get wrong icons showing up all over the place but does not seem to show correct server info as it says I am connected to a peer rather than amazonaws. Using the call of duty profile does not work with pubg not for me that is. Any chance I can get help setting this router up vie team viewer please

Message 4 of 25
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi - The CoD setting must be picking up a bunch of other traffic on your PC. Fraser, our lead tester, will be back online tomorrow and he will be able to recommend the best Geo-Filter setup for you.
Message 5 of 25
usermac
Luminary

That would be great because at the moment the XR500 is not working all that well.

Message 6 of 25
XRaptor29
Luminary

Try going to device manager and select your PC and change the type to Xbox. Then remove your PC from Geo Filter and re-add as Xbox to the filter. Then change the setting to spectating instead of Filtered.
Message 7 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

You're saying the icons you get differ if you use CoD vs PUBG service for your device? That high ping was caused by a server in the US but also likely because of congestion. Have you selected the correct region in game and what are your QoS settings?
Message 8 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Sorry i realise now why high ping I was on the test server and forgot that that is US. How ever exsplaining difference when using the Cod profile compared to PUBG icons. Using the COD profile selected with my pc icons apear all over the place and hosts are showing as peers and the dedicated server is know ware to be seen also when match making I am put on laggy servers.

Now when I have deleted the COD profile selceted with my PC and creat new profile Unreal for pubg link that to my pc. Host now apear as dedicated server show the location on the map and the game has no noticeable lagg. The strange thing is as well this is using the spectator mode which does not control the distance you are connected to the host but for me it is allways in the selected region limit which looks like ireland which pings at 10ms. 

If I use the COD PROFIILE icons apear all over and show up as peers and pings are always higher

Message 9 of 25
usermac
Luminary

This is a screen shot of when using the Unreal/pubg profile 

Message 10 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

That literally doesn't make any sense. The classification of servers and their locations are not based on profiles at all. Flush the cloud when on the CoD service and see if that resolves the issues. I imagine its picking up more background processes on PC as port range is much bigger.
Message 11 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Please see the screen shot of when I use the COD profile the geo filter is behaving differenlt to the pubg profile. Also another strange thing is the region is set to EU  yet it is showing US as a possible host. I have also tried the flush the cloud but get same results

Message 12 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

As above probably because it covers more ports so is showing authentication servers, just use the CoD profile for CoD and Unreal for PUBG
Message 13 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Ok will use the indervidual profile per game just a bit of a pain that I have to delete profile and add different profile for every game. It would be good if some how the dumaos could detect which game is being played and apply the corisponding profile. Hope that makes sence 

Message 14 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Yeah that's a really good idea, I'll add that to our roadmap
Message 15 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Not sure what is going on today but the GIO Filter is not showing dedicated servers just some random peer. No longer seing the amazonaws server. i have tryied flushing, and master reset which has not done anything. I have also tried going back to using the cod profile to see if that made any difference and all that did was not show any host just blank. 

Message 16 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Does it appear to be the host of your game?

Can also change your device type in Device Manager to a console then add to the Geo-Filter.
Message 17 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Sorry for late reply I have taken a screen shot of what it looks like in the GEO FILTER.

The host is showing as a peer rather than the usual dedicated server that was in Ireland.

My pubg settings on this 1st screen shot is just usuing the spectator mode in console mode

Message 18 of 25
usermac
Luminary

On filtered mode it gets even more odd 

I have selected EU MATCHMAKING for pubg yet It looks like the game is trying to match make me someware in the USA I then get Connection time out error. 

Message 19 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The first one is a dedicated server, you can tell by the domain name. Its just not classed as dedicated because as far as we were aware they only used AWS servers. This won't have an affect on your gameplay, just aesthetics.

Second one is a mislocated server, it's actually located in the Netherlands. We can move it to the correct location in our next cloud update. I'm assuming you're in the UK so you want to re-search and get one in the UK ideally for the lowest ping.
Message 20 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Only now my Pings is in the 40 -50 ms sometimes with noticible lagg and before I was getting 10ms and was connected to Ireland server. I have never seen a UK server. The filtering system at least kind of worked a couple of days ago when matchmaking but now if that is selected I will be just getting disconected as the game is deciding to put me in a server out of the radious selected In the filter.

Message 21 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

If your Geo-Filter and QoS Settings have not changed then the router won't be at fault. Could be the Ireland server is overloaded when you want to play. Thats the way it works because the game doesn't decide the server until the loading screen. Continue filtering like that or change to spectating mode, search and quit until you get Ireland server, may be quicker.
Message 22 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Tried filter on Fortnite and this is also trying to rout over seas USA Server. If this is Nethelands then I have a high ping.

Not sure what is going on as I have EU SELECTED. Think the unreal profile needs looking at.

Message 23 of 25
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

It is a US server you can see from the domain name it says that. You have EU selected on Geo-Filter and game then that is nothing to do with us
Message 24 of 25
usermac
Luminary

Sorry I made a mistake the automatch on fortnight was set to auto instead of EU which explains a why such a distant server. And looking the GEO-FILTER it seems to work with fortnight. I guess PUBG have changed there server provider maybe.

Message 25 of 25
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 24 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7