× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR300 Keeps Rebooting

jgkhgk
Tutor

XR300 Keeps Rebooting

Good afternoon,

My router keeps rebooting every couple of hours and sometimes minutes. i lose all connection both wifi and ethernet.

The router turns off all the white lights except this amber light on the power LED.

I have tried factory reset and installing a previous firmware. i just can't seem to fix this issue.

Ive had this router for about a year and half without issues but now i don't know why its giving me so much trouble.

PIC: image i captured right beofre it rebooted.

Firmware Version

1.0.3.68_10.3.50

Model: XR300|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR300 Keeps Rebooting

The first thing to do would be to upgrade to the latest firmware and then factory reset the XR300 afterwards. Let us know if you're still experiencing this issue afterwards.

https://kb.netgear.com/000064602/XR300-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-72

Message 2 of 9
jgkhgk
Tutor

i applied the method suggested so im going to give it like an hour

Message 3 of 9
jgkhgk
Tutor

So the router was back up and running when i factory reset it but now its back to rebooting into the amber light again. it was fine for about two days.

Message 4 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Could you please try changing the DHCP range to start from .50, then reserve IP addresses for devices that are disconnecting from .2 to .49. Such that devices on your network have IP addresses outside of the DHCP pool.

After that, reboot the router from the interface and see if you're still having the same issue.

Message 5 of 9
jgkhgk
Tutor

how would i go about doing this in dumaos?

Message 6 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

On the interface go to Settings > LAN Settings and you can do so from there
Message 7 of 9
jgkhgk
Tutor

The only option i was able to find was this on settings. i apologize for the little red censor im not sure wether or not tha should be private.

Message 8 of 9
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Change the 'Starting IP address' to be 192.168.1.50.

Then, under setup -> LAN Setup, reserve IP addresses for each device. Make sure the address you give them is between .2 and .49.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7