× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR450 Internet LED blinking white

LorrieG
Guide

XR450 Internet LED blinking white

We've had our Nighthawk XR450 since May 2020 and it has worked well. We have recently had issues with Netflix (basically informed us that download speeds were too slow) and Apple devices continually buffering. These are new issues so I tried resetting the router and the modem. While working with the router, I noticed that the 'Internet' LED does not remain solid as described in the owners manual. It stays solid for few second and then begins blinking. I believe that means it is losing its connection with the modem/internet. Correct? If that is the case, can the connection be fixed or is the router failing and it's time to get a new outer?

Message 1 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR450 Internet LED blinking white

I'd first suggest you change the ethernet cable between the XR and the modem and see if that resolves it
Message 2 of 13
LorrieG
Guide

So sorry. I failed to mention that I already changed that cable and nothing changed. Any other suggestions?

Message 3 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Are you actually noticing the connection going down/being disconnected or does it just appear to be the LED going out?
Message 4 of 13
LorrieG
Guide

It definitely was disconnected the other night while watching Netflix via a Roka. Other times, like on my iPad or iPhone, I get the spinning thing for long periods of time.

Message 5 of 13
plemans
Guru

what actual modem is it? 

Message 6 of 13
LorrieG
Guide

Cisco DPC3008 - provided by our cable company 

Message 7 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

When the disconnect occurs do you still have access to the interface? If so can you get a copy of the log file please when it happens?
Message 8 of 13
LorrieG
Guide

You are speaking above my knowledge level. I'm not sure what you mean by 'interface' and wouldn't have a clue how to get a copy of the log file. 😞

Message 9 of 13
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

By interface I mean the DumaOS page you go to to change settings etc. The log is a panel on the System Information page on the router, when the disconnect happens try to access the page and then click the 3 line icon on the log panel and you can download it from there
Message 10 of 13
LorrieG
Guide

Thank you for this information. I found the log file. The next time I have an issue I'll try downloading the file and attaching it here. Novice question... is there anything in that log file that would make us vulnerable? I'm assuming anyone could access the file if I attach it to a post.

Message 11 of 13
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

The only thing that could make you vulnerable would be if you're WAN IP and maybe MAC addresses in there, so feel free to send it to us privately if you like.

Message 12 of 13
LorrieG
Guide

Thank you. When the time comes, I'll figure out how to do that. 

Message 13 of 13
Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7