× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Advanced Traffic Prioritization

Rogue8448
Aspirant

XR500 Advanced Traffic Prioritization

Was trying to set up traffic prioritization for Rainbow Six Siege on this, So I go to advanced and add Port 6016 to the source port and destination port and its still not picking up the packets.

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Advanced Traffic Prioritization

Are you playing this on PC? Do not change the source port just the destination. Leave the source port as the default range it gives you and it will work. If you're using console there is no need to add manual ports.
Message 2 of 11
Rogue8448
Aspirant

Yes im playing on PC. And set it up like you said - 

UDP - Source Port (1:65535) - Destination Port (6015:6015)

And its still not detecting any high priority traffic when im playing siege.

Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Make sure you add the uPlay ports as well, does it work then?
Message 4 of 11
Rogue8448
Aspirant

Did that and only one starts detecting traffic is port 443 which i hope would detect traffic sinces its the port for http which alot of programs use.

Message 5 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Add these for UDP as well: 3074, 10000-10099 also how do you know that is the only one triggering prioritization?
Message 6 of 11
Rogue8448
Aspirant

Added those ports and still nothing. When I added port 443 last (since i knew it was just http) it spiked then closed the game and it was still going.

Message 7 of 11
Rogue8448
Aspirant

Reached out to ubi support to see if they could give me some more insight on which ports may be needed

Message 8 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Okay let us know if the ports they provide work as once the correct ports are added there is no reason why it wouldn't work.
Message 9 of 11
Rogue8448
Aspirant

They just responded and said the specific ports used by rainbow six siege are: UDP 10000-10099, 3074, 6015. Ran those ports into it and still not picking it up. Guess it just doesnt work with siege right now and hopefully in the future it may end up working. Just would be nice to cut down on any latency for such a competetive shooter.

Message 10 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

There is no reason why it shouldn't work if the correct ports are used. Is it definitely the correct device that you have picked? Double check the IP in the device manager with the IP on the PC itself and make sure it's showing as online in the device manager. If that's all correct I would suggest running a program called Wireshark when you're playing and see if any other ports may be being used then you could add those.
Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7