× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 Geo-filter Map for Halo 5 Guardians

Retired_Member
Not applicable

XR500 Geo-filter Map for Halo 5 Guardians

How to select Halo 5 Guardians in your Geo-Filter

NightHawk Pro Gaming Router---XR500

firmware---V2.3.2.120

1) Go to Geo-Filter

2) Under Geo-Filter Map

3) Click to Add Device

4) Pick a Gaming Console

5) Click on Next

6) Choose Recommend a mode for my game

7) Click Continue

😎 Select Unreal Engine (Fortnite, PUBG, etc)

9) Click on Finish 👍

Geo-Filter Step 1 and 2.PNG

Geo-Filter Step 3 and 4.PNG

Geo-Filter Step 5 and 6.PNG

Geo-Filter Step 7 and 8.PNG

Geo-Filter Step 9.PNG

I've seen alot of comments in the forums saying how difficult it is for people to find a particular game like this and                  (if i remember correctly) even the DumaOS team saying that Halo 5 wasn't available as a selection... Well, after I spent enough time trying to figure out how to set up my xr500 for the one and only game i actually bought it for but couldn't, i started wondering why a game thats 5yrs old isnt available for a selection however Fornite came out 2yrs AFTER Halo 5? Then it dawned on me! They gave us Halo 5 as one of the selection this entire time but for some reason opted on telling people it wasn't available when actually it WAS 😒   Does it actually SAY Halo 5... no, but if you look at whats available to select and cross those with which game engine Halo 5 multiplayer runs on you'll find its not as straight forward as it should be! For some reason I couldn't help but wonder why everywhere I looked it seemed to only reference around 5 or 6 words about it in a paragraph of over 500... They say Halo mcc multiplayer AND Halo 5 BOTH run on the same game engine... so not ONLY is Halo 5 near impossible to put as a selection if you don't know exactly what to indirectly select but apparently both Halo mcc AND Halo 5 seem as if they share the same servers when selecting this!?

So, for some reason idk why, DumaOS thought it would be much easier for everyone to spend the time just figuring all this out on our OWN instead of just putting the word "Halo" in the list with all the other games. In short, yes Halo 5 IS an option for the xr500 Geo-Filter Map just not by game TITLE 😒smh...

Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 Geo-filter Map for Halo 5 Guardians

Have you tried playing with it and does it actually work? As far as we're aware it doesn't work as well as we would want due to their matchmaking system
Message 2 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

been playing around with it for more than 2 weeks, so yes. I noticed i dont even have to be in a game to have pings come up on my map either... : / last time i checked i thought i had to be searching to actually see someone elses activity or them see mine! Seems all ya have to do is sit at the main menu of the game, start a party chat with just yourself in it, end it 3seconds later, rinse lather repeat and BAM... 8hrs later have an entire list of ping ID's! So it's said, yeah, hell yeah i stacked up my list as quick as i could once i noticed i never had to even SEARCH for a game or find people at ALL : /

that was 2months ago i found how to "party-ping" im refering to it as, then for the past 2weeks learned THAT about how to select halo 5 in the geofilter... : / not sure HOW i havent found a carrer in this sh** yet tbh. All i know is everything i do is legit and using only what selections are available to me and everyone else by default man. 🤔like... how am i not workin with YOU guys yet or somethin lol, seems like im waisting time and talent on just needless things like these exploits here lol

Message 3 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

i called netgear 2weeks ago and THEY didnt even know about THIS sight... like, what kinda structure is being made around any of these products honestly!? It all seems very losely held together with duct tape from a business standpoint, no offense..

Message 4 of 7
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The pings that would be shown from the party chat would be the party chat server, not the game server, could you explain how that benefits you exactly?
Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@Netduma-Fraser wrote:
The pings that would be shown from the party chat would be the party chat server, not the game server, could you explain how that benefits you exactly?

it's not just party chat servers buddy... i was able to search some of those ip addresses and easily and freely geolocate them in order to know the difference. So how about before drawing conclusions and making credulous remarks about what i found in your systems... you instead look further into the matters at hand rather than spending less time than your own customers do with finding bugs. Not to mention how later when searching for a game, some of those same servers you claim are made for only party chats, were what i was actually connecting to during active matchs. I'm not worried about whether or not that can benefit ME... i'm concerned with how that could be a benefit if that type of information were to fall into the wrong hands, period!

Message 6 of 7
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Information for game servers and party chat servers are quite freely available, they need to be in order for people to connect to them. They have a great deal of security measures in place in case someone did try to attack them so you don't need to worry about that. Let us know if you have any further questions.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7