× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR500 not broadcasting SSID

Nikkimacv
Aspirant

XR500 not broadcasting SSID

So I setup my router for the first time today, and when I was trying to connect to it, I couldn't fine the SSID in the available in the Available Networks. The name that I do believe is my router doesn't accept any password it possibly could be, and isn't the standard SSID on the bottom of the device.
Model: XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Re: XR500 not broadcasting SSID

OK, it sounds as though you'd be best to factory reset the XR and set it up from scratch.

Could you please hold the reset pin on the back for at least thirty seconds, then allow it a few minutes to reset itself. After that, everything will be set back to it's default and you can then complete the setup wizard.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Hey,

Could you connect to your XR500 directly via ethernet, then go to 192.168.1.1 in your web browser.

If you then go to Settings -> Setup -> Wireless Setup you can view the wireless SSID and password here.

Message 2 of 6
Nikkimacv
Aspirant

Well, I just tried that, and said the admin password was wrong so it requested the serial number so I could reset the password, entered that and now it is
asking for answers to security questions that I never even setup before.
Message 3 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

OK, it sounds as though you'd be best to factory reset the XR and set it up from scratch.

Could you please hold the reset pin on the back for at least thirty seconds, then allow it a few minutes to reset itself. After that, everything will be set back to it's default and you can then complete the setup wizard.

Message 4 of 6
Nikkimacv
Aspirant

Awesome, it's working now, though slower than I was expecting, but much appreciate the help
Message 5 of 6
Netduma-Liam
NetDuma Partner

Glad to hear it. Once your browser has the interface pages cached, it should speed up for you.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7