× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 Router stopped broadcasting SSID/no wifi

Mikeclev7
Aspirant

Re: XR700 Router stopped broadcasting SSID/no wifi

I did that, and even got on the phone with them. Net gear was completely useless trying to troubleshoot, and even though I was within warranty it was a hassle to try and attempt to open a order to send it to them. Never buying Netgear again. Honestly.
Message 26 of 34
GhillieK9
Apprentice

I can try that as soon as I get home....looks like it was already tried....but I still can. I guess maybe try ASUS next
Message 27 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

@Christian_R @DarrenM @ChristineT could you help elevate these customers support issues?
Message 28 of 34
GhillieK9
Apprentice

Thank you for tagging them...didn't even think of that...I called the CS number after creating some kind of ticket (I have the ticket number) but it told me I'm outside of some 90 day period and couldn't really get much further. Thanks again for all your suggestions. I just got home and I'll try the AP mode
Message 29 of 34
GhillieK9
Apprentice

AP didn't work either
Message 30 of 34
ChristineT
Admin

Hello NPG Community! 

@GhillieK9 , @Mikeclev7  and @SonzofGod  - We'd love to get this issue in front of engineering! Can you please share your case numbers with me via private message? 

In the meantime, can you also follow the steps below to collect router logs:

1. Type http://192.168.0.1/debug.htm into a web browser while being connected to the Nighthawk Pro Gamin router.

2. When prompted, enter your router admin login credentials.

3. Once logged in, click on Start Capture and wait for about 5 minutes.

4. When those 5 minutes have passed, click on Save Debug Log and download the archive locally on your PC.

Note: Please save the log files in a place that is easily accessible so you can attach them to an email. 

I look forward to hearing from each of you! 

Kind Regards,

Christine 

Message 31 of 34
GhillieK9
Apprentice

Thank you so much!! I've sent you a message

Andy
Message 32 of 34
GhillieK9
Apprentice

Wow...so you guys won't believe this...I just found some time to do what Christine instructed me to do...since that last time we chatted, I put the XR700 in the box....busted out a different router I had as backup.....

I plug ithe 700 in....bam!!! 2.4 and 5ghz works! What I noticed is that the antenas also lit up...you know how they have the red LEDs around them....I just realized that when WiFI was not working, those LEDs didn't work.

Anyway, Christine, I plan on still sending you those logs...just have to follow your steps now. I hope it stays working but is there still a way to have it looked at and "fixed"? or do I need to wait until it malfunctions again?

Hope this helps others.

Andy

@ChristineT @Netduma-Fraser @Mikeclev7 

Message 33 of 34
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

The logs will only really help when the issue is present so you may need to wait to see if it happens again. It may be that the memory was full and by unplugging it for a period of time it cleared this and allowed it to work again on bootup.
Message 34 of 34
Discussion stats
  • 33 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7