× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

XR700 Slow speedtest

bengalvfan2
Tutor

XR700 Slow speedtest

I got my XR700 gaming router with firmware version 1.0.1.2 today and my speed test is about half as what they should be. 

I have QOS turned off and only get about 400 Mbs down over LAN

When I connect directly to the cable modem I get 900 Mbs down over LAN

Message 1 of 11
slompochomp
Guide

Re: XR700 Slow speedtest

thats odd, have you tried to Hard Reset the router ?

Message 2 of 11
slompochomp
Guide

Also maybe Hard Reset the modem and or check the dBmV levels on your modem; they should be within -7 to +7 dBmV. 
3.png

Message 3 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Is this over WiFi or directly connected through ethernet? If QoS is off then DumaOS shouldn't be the cause. May need to give the router the MAC address of your previous router.
Message 4 of 11
bengalvfan2
Tutor

I have not tried resetting the modem yet. 

All my dBmV level are between 3 and 5

Message 5 of 11
bengalvfan2
Tutor

"Is this over WiFi or directly connected through ethernet? If QoS is off then DumaOS shouldn't be the cause. May need to give the router the MAC address of your previous router."

This is over a LAN connection, not wifi. 

I am not sure what you mean by giving my router the MAC address of my previous router. 

Message 6 of 11
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Every device has a unique address called the MAC address to identify it. Sometimes the ISP doesn't like it if you connect a new router to their modem. Looking on your previous router for its MAC address and input that into Settings > Internet Setup so it appears to be the old router from modem perspective.
Message 7 of 11
iamsotorious
Aspirant

did you ever find a fix for this? i just bought this router and im getting 400mbps out of my 1000mbps.

I have searched every corner of the web and then some. Im about ot break this modem over my knee and sprinkle the pieces of this router all over netgears lawn.

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

How are you speed testing? wired or wireless? 

the XR700 is not modem. 

@iamsotorious wrote:

did you ever find a fix for this? i just bought this router and im getting 400mbps out of my 1000mbps.

I have searched every corner of the web and then some. Im about ot break this modem over my knee and sprinkle the pieces of this router all over netgears lawn.

Message 9 of 11
iamsotorious
Aspirant

Please see my other thread in my profile

It’s modem router then computer

Wired connection I don’t know what FW
Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Please respond there then:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-Routers/Nighthawk-XR700-not-getting-full-gigab...

@iamsotorious wrote:
Please see my other thread in my profile

It’s modem router then computer

Wired connection I don’t know what FW

Message 11 of 11
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7