× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Xr500 connectivity issues with LAN

tacticalrandy
Aspirant

Xr500 connectivity issues with LAN

Good Evening,

I just recently purchased the Nighhawk Pro Gaming XR500 and I am currently having the same issue everyone else is having with the LAN connection not working. Currently all my devices that are wireless are woring fine but my two Xbox one X that are connected via ethernet are having issues conecting to the internet. I went ahead a reseted my modem only and it works but is their anyway to actually fix the issue itself?

Model: R7450|Nighthawk AC2600 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
Netduma_Alex
NetDuma Partner

Re: Xr500 connectivity issues with LAN

Message 2 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you disable "Instant ON" on both game consoles? 

Message 3 of 9
tacticalrandy
Aspirant

Tried the update still having same issue. Turned on Xbox and it has no internet connection everything else is working fine.
Message 4 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Ensure your xbox networking settnings are set to Automatic. Remove any static IP addresses if present. 

Swap LAN cables. 

Do you see any Front LED on the front of the XR router for the xbox console when it is turned on? Which port you use should light up whent the xbox is turned on. WHITE should be seen.

To clear any networking caches from the console, hold the front power button until the console turns off. Let then go. Then power back on. 

Message 5 of 9
tacticalrandy
Aspirant

My xbox says it cannot locate IP address. On the router the lights are blinking white for the Xbox, it used to be orange when it was off even though my Xbox is off now its still blinking white.
Message 6 of 9
tacticalrandy
Aspirant

Tried to hard reset and now it says cannot locate DHCP server.
Message 7 of 9
Netduma-Fraser
NetDuma Partner

Do a factory reset and get everything working again. Disable Instant On mode on the consoles. Give the consoles a static IP in the XR500 LAN settings. Don't change any other network settings on the consoles itself.
Message 8 of 9
FURRYe38
Guru

Look at the XR routers web page and connected devices. When the Xbox is ON and connected, do you see the xbox appear in the connected devices list at all? 

What was the Mfr and model of the prior router? Was these consoles were there we presume? 

@tacticalrandy wrote:
Tried to hard reset and now it says cannot locate DHCP server.

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7