× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

new xr500 user

chunk1982
Tutor

new xr500 user

i recently got my xr500 and was wondering if anyone can give me an easy to follow but full instructions on how to configure it with my xbox one x please as to be honest im a little blagged lol

so far i have reserved an ip for my xbox

set qos sliders to 70% and anti-buffer set to always

geo-filtering i have set to 800miles, added xbox and placed it in spectating mode

set up/down in bandwidth allocation to 100 for my xbox

under Traffic Prioritization i have left DumaOS Classified Games enabled

do i still need to do port forwarding or triggering or does the settings auto open whats needed?

if ports do still need opening if i put xbox into dmz do the rest of the settings still work?

many thanks and all the best

paul

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Re: new xr500 user

Hi Paul - it sounds like your settings are really good to be honest. If you have an open NAT there’s no reason to apply any port forwarding rules. UPNP will automatically do this for you (and it’s enabled by default)

I would recommend putting your geo-filter into filtering mode if you want to force a nearby server in your favourite games.

Here are some optimal settings guides for you though if you’re interested in learning more:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

Hi Paul - it sounds like your settings are really good to be honest. If you have an open NAT there’s no reason to apply any port forwarding rules. UPNP will automatically do this for you (and it’s enabled by default)

I would recommend putting your geo-filter into filtering mode if you want to force a nearby server in your favourite games.

Here are some optimal settings guides for you though if you’re interested in learning more:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/folders/16000090646
Message 2 of 3
chunk1982
Tutor

Hi jack thank you for taking the time to reply to my message, it's very much appreciated and also for the link and additional information I will definitely be having a read and another play 👌👌

Many thanks and all the best
Paul
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7