× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

nighthawk speed test

Wyzfar
Aspirant

nighthawk speed test

Hello so whenever doing a speed test on the nighthawk xr500 while doing a network setup it says bandwidth test failed and my download Speeds look about normal but it sets my upload at 1000 mbps upload which I feel is way off (to high)

Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: nighthawk speed test

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What ISP speeds do you pay for UP and Down? 

Message 2 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

To add to this - I believe Speedtest, who NETGEAR use to run this test, have had a few server problems lately which has affected this. Perhaps try running it again now and see if it's working (you will need to factory reset to reinitiate this test).

Don't worry if you would prefer not to, manually entering in your speeds is more than sufficient.

Message 3 of 6
Wyzfar
Aspirant

I just reset my router last. Ugly had anything server related changed within the last 24 hours? - and whenever I dedicate speeds like let’s say 200 download to my ps4 it’s not consistent
Model: XR500| Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 4 of 6
Netduma_Jack
NetDuma Partner

When you allocate 200mbps bandwidth to a device - it will only take 200mbps when it needs it. With that in mind, what exactly do you mean by it being inconsistent? And what's your total bandwidth speed?

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Be sure your speed testing with a wired PC as well. Speedtest results on game consoles are known to be not as accurate and wired PC testing. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7