× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Access Point / Range Extender / Repeater - NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500)

NiteWatcher
Guide

Access Point / Range Extender / Repeater - NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500)

Can this model router  (NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500) | AXE11000 Tri-Band Wireless Speed (Up to 10.8Gbps)  be used as a   1) Access Point 2) Repeater 3) Range Extender And what are the processes to set up for each?

Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: Access Point / Range Extender / Repeater - NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE50

@NiteWatcher wrote:

Can this model router  (NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500) | AXE11000 Tri-Band Wireless Speed (Up to 10.8Gbps)  be used as a  

1) Access Point---Yes

2) Repeater---No

3) Range Extender---No

And what are the processes to set up for each?

the manual goes over placing it in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 7
NiteWatcher
Guide

Re: Access Point / Range Extender / Repeater - NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE50

Ah so I can string   one as a router and 2 as   access points ... 

Thank you so much.

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

That'd be an expensive setup. 

And it wouldn't work like a mesh system as that isn't a mesh router. 

It might be worth checking into a mesh system like orbi or another one. 

I've used the arris ax11000 mesh system. I've never used an Orbi AX though. 

Message 4 of 7
NiteWatcher
Guide

1)So would the Arris  AX11000 work with the   NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500) | AXE11000 Tri-Band Wireless Speed (Up to 10.8Gbps)   (https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/routers/raxe500/?    This is the router I have purchased.

2)Or should I   stick with a  Netgear  (Orbi Tri-Band WiFi 6 Add-on Satellite, 6Gbps  https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/rbs850/)   such as the following (even though they would not be able to get the 10.6 Gbps that the RAXE500 Nighthawk is capable of these satelite Mesh devices can only get 6Gbps.):

And  will the mess  work with the router I have purchased.

regards,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That'd be an expensive setup. 

And it wouldn't work like a mesh system as that isn't a mesh router. 

It might be worth checking into a mesh system like orbi or another one. 

I've used the arris ax11000 mesh system. I've never used an Orbi AX though. 

Message 5 of 7
NiteWatcher
Guide

I thought I would just add the following  (((NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender EAX80 - Add up to 2,500 sq. ft. and 30+ devices with AX6000 Dual-Band Wireless Signal Booster & Repeater (up to 6Gbps speed), plus Smart Roaming)  to  work with my   (NETGEAR Nighthawk 12-Stream WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500) | AXE11000 Tri-Band Wireless Speed (Up to 10.8Gbps) )   ((NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6 Mesh Range Extender EAX80 - Add up to 2,500 sq. ft. and 30+ devices with AX6000 Dual-Band Wireless Signal Booster & Repeater (up to 6Gbps speed), plus Smart Roaming.

These  Netgear   EAX80   Mesh Range Extenders  are  touted to work with any Router.. so   let me know what you think ... 

regards.

Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

I've never used the EAX80 so I can't attest to their performance. I will say they don't work as a mesh device when ran in access point mode. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7