× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Cannot use web interface (400 Bad Request)

ianiver9
Aspirant

Cannot use web interface (400 Bad Request)

Hello. I have a R9000 Nighthawk X10 wifi router. I recently wantet to login to the web interface to make some changes. To my suprise, instead of the normal web logon screen, I get an a page saying that I need to download the Nighthawk app to manage my router. At the bottom of that screen there is a link if I don't have the app (see attached pic). When I click on it I get a "400 Bad Request" error message - the url is "http://192.168.1.1/apply.cgi?/start.htm%20timestamp="

I will contain my anger as to why Netgear decided that I should no longer use the web interface, and instead I would be very grateful for any ideas or solutions on how can I regain normal web interface access to my router please - other than doing a full factory reset.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: Cannot use web interface (400 Bad Request)

You can still use the web interface. I still do. Its my preferred why of managing my router. 

Usually you only see that notice if you're reinstalling/setting up the router for the first time. 

maybe your device was reset somehow? 

Have you tried a different pc and/or browser? 

Message 2 of 6
ianiver9
Aspirant

I have tried Windows, Linux, and MacOS, and I have tried different browsers. I always get the same page and the same error. It makes me think that there is something that the firmware update has broken. It is very frustrating.

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

Does it work through the app? 

What are the led's on it doing? 

the fact that it went to that page makes me think its already been reset (maybe unintional or from a power surge/failure)

Message 4 of 6
ianiver9
Aspirant

Yes, it is a reality that I will probably have to accept.

I will go the app route - begrudgingly - if I cannot get anywhere with the web interface.

It looks innevitable! 😞

Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

If you can take a backup (or have one) a reset might work so you don't have to use the app. I'm not a fan of the app so I'd be in the boat of doing a full reset so I wouldn't have to use it. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7