× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nightawk RAX70 troubleshooting

Jpoiss89
Initiate

Nightawk RAX70 troubleshooting

Hello there,
Setup information:
- ISP Telus (Canada-AB)
- Modem T3200M (Modem/Router combo)
- Nightawk RAX70

This is my last resource and attempt at resolvinf my issue before I send back the router to Best Buy. Hopefully, someone could bring idea on how to fix my issue.

I have been able to connect on Wifi with all my devices on the Nightawk router the first time I got it setup. Couple hours after that, most devices would get disconnected and I couldn't connect again. For example, my phone (S20) would let me choose either WIFI bands of the Nightawk but would prompt me with a notification that "sign-in" is required and opens up a browser page with chrome. When the page loads up, I have an error that shows up saying that the authentification was denied and I need to reset my credentials by first entering my router serial numbers. Everytime I tried to reconnect on Wifi the prompt repeatedly shows up.

I then hard reset the router, rebooted it and went through a fresh installation. Wifi was working until this morning where same issue is happening (sign-in is required)

This is the type of sign in is required that shows up by opening up a browser page when someone connect on a public network (example airport).

Now there is one more thing I am going to try when I get home from work before I give up. I heard that sometime having 2 routers cant causes issue where 2 NAT are setup back to back. Ill see if I can go in my Telus T3200M router and set it as "passthrough or brigdegate".

Any advice would be great.
Netgear technical support is completely useless.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nightawk RAX70 troubleshooting

double nat can cause issues. 

How to fix issues with Double NAT | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You can try the t3200m in passthrough/modem only mode. 

Or you could try the RAX in access point mode. 

Message 2 of 4
Jpoiss89
Initiate

Thank you Plemans for the reply. I was able to fix my problem.

I first tried to set the T3200M in bride mode, rebooted both the modem and the router. That didnt worked. I also tried again with a fresh installation on the Rax70. That didnt worked.

Now for trying to set the RAX70 to access point (AP)... Even with a hardwire connection to the rax70, I was still unable to access the router admin page with either routerlogin.net, routerlogin.com or 192.168.1.1. My credentials had been reset and were simply not working for some reason.

Solution:
I then completly removed the T3200M, plugged the RAX70 to the ONT box and did a factory reset/fresh installation. I was now able to access the admin page and my WIFi/internet available to all my devices without the need for the T3200M modem.

Hopefully someone with a similar issue will find that useful.

Thanks!
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad it worked for you. 

when you're in AP mode, the t3200 would have assigned and IP address. You'd have had to look in its attached devices page (or equivelent) and found the IP address. 

but you've got it working so good work!

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7