× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk AX3000 factory reset sometimes defaults to different SSID & pw

Jaspo
Aspirant

Nighthawk AX3000 factory reset sometimes defaults to different SSID & pw

It works great for a few weeks but then looses it's internet connection and all settings are gone. When I try to connect to it either with the Nighthawk app or a browser using routerlogin.net it prompts to set up from new even though the day before it appeared correctly in the Nighthawk app. Sometimes after a factory reset it comes up with a totally different factory SSID and password. The factory SSID is NETGEAR83 but after a factory reset it creates an SSID named NETGEAR53 and the NIghthawk app can't connect. I then used a browser to set it up using the NETGEAR53 SSID but it would not accept the changes when I tried to rename it to a SSID of my choice. I have now done another factory reset and it created the correct SSID and I was able to rename it to a network of my choice but it's just a matter of time before it happens again.Any ideas?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk AX3000 factory reset sometimes defaults to different SSID & pw

Hi Jaspo,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
Jaspo
Aspirant

Thanks Christian. I contacted their support team when the problem first happened and was able to get the problem resolved, or so I thought at that time. The router has now done this same thing 3 times since I have had it. Works for a few weeks or up to a month and then looses all it's settings.I already did the 'replace my defective product' and have a ticket case # but no one has replied in 10 days. I purchased it June 1st, I'm now over 2 weeks past the end of free tech support. 

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Jaspo,

May you send me a private message with your latest case number and email address. I'll see if support can follow up. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7