× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk RAX70 Remote Management (Access)

Anttman19
Follower

Nighthawk RAX70 Remote Management (Access)

Hello Community,

I have the Nighthawk RAX70 AX8-Stream Tri-Band AX wiFi Router. It is currently running firmware version V1.0.2.88. I have a concern setting up Remote Management. After downloading the manual/documentation for my product and following the below instructions. I uncovered that my/this router does not have the Remote Managerment option listed. I followed the steps below as descibed:

To set up remote management:
1. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to the
router network.
2. Enter
http://www.routerlogin.net. (this actually takes me to netgear.s homepage, so I login through the gateway ip)
A login window opens.
3. Enter the router admin user name and password.
The user name is
admin. The password is the one that you specified the first time
that you logged in. The user name and password are case-sensitive.
The BASIC Home page displays.
4. Select
ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Remote Management.
The Remote Management page displays.
5. Select the
Turn Remote Management On check box.
6. In the Allow Remote Access By section, specify the external IP addresses to be allowed
to access the router’s remote management.

After geting to Step 4. I do not see the option for Remote Management. FILE (SCREENSHOT ATTACHED) 

I chatted with Netgear support, we reviewed a few steps, I uploaded a few screenshots and it was determined that my firmware did not have the option for Remote Management. However, it was seen in the earlier/older version of the firmware. I was offered to downgrade the firmware and I personally decided to wait for the next update as I hope it will be restored in the newer version.. 

Hopes this helps 

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk RAX70 Remote Management (Access)

Hello Anttman19,

Thanks for sharing your experience and the feedback from support.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3

Re: Nighthawk RAX70 Remote Management (Access)

Even on the previous version .78 the remote management is not there.

Are you experiencing any other issues with the router? Such as certain device lose wifi after a day or so and only way to get wifi back to those devices is to reboot router. It has happened to my cellphones and laptop but not my Amazon Echo's, HP printer, Direct TV receiver, or Samsung Smart TV as they continue to work just fine when this is happening.

Have been dealing with Netgear tech support for the last few days and nothing has been fixed, after many diffrent attempts, from multiple individuals and now waiting to hear back from them as 2 days has passed and were suppose to reach out to me already to send another router as this one is more than likely defective as everything they have tried does not work.
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7