× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app not listing or showing connected devices AX6 6-Stream AX5400 router

orionkhan
Aspirant

Nighthawk app not listing or showing connected devices AX6 6-Stream AX5400 router

I have a Nighthawk AX6 6-Stream AX5400 WiFi Router(RAX50S). Recently the Nighthawk app (Android 11)has no longer been showing connected devices. Shows 0 devices connected. I use the parental controls in the app and the separate profiles also show 0 devices connected.  I've tried reinstalling the app, rebooting the router.  Firmware is v1.0.2.82. I've checked for updates, but says there are none.  And info on solving this would be appreciated.

Wade

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
orionkhan
Aspirant

Re: Nighthawk app not listing or showing connected devices AX6 6-Stream AX5400 router

Thanks for the info. As it turns out, I ended up doing a factory reset of the router and that fixed the issue. While doing the reset, I also reinstalled the nighthawk app. Seems to be working normal again.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
slackrl
Luminary

Re: Nighthawk app not listing or showing connected devices AX6 6-Stream AX5400 router

Just for giggles reboot the router.

Is your router runing the most current firmware version?

Is your phone runing the most current version?

Is your phone logged in / attached to your router's SSID Network?

Can you login into your Router's web interface using your phone's web browser at 192.168.1.1  or  routerlogin.net/  and see attached devices??

If you can see attached devices via the browser..

1.  It seems  as though it could be the phone.

2.  It  could be your router needs to be factory reset only as a last resort. After you try some more things listed below.

Note: Should you take thre factory reset path. Backup you router's settings.

Check to verify the NightHawk App's forlder location on your phone

See section *(A) below then return to the next step below.

Delete the nighthawk app....again.

Power off your phone for 30 seconds

Power on your phone.

Now check to see it there is stranded Nighthawk data still on your phone.

That may have be left behind

*(A)  To do this use file manager app that lets you see the files and folders on your phone.

From Example on my phone running Android 10

I:

-Locate the file app and launch it.

-Open the internal storage device.

-Open the Android folder.

-Open data folder

Scroll and see if you can find a Night Hawk or  com.netgear.netgearup folder

It one is there delete it.  It will re reinstalled when you re-install the NightHawk app and setup you NightHawk app.

If you cannot find this folder. Since you will have rebooted the phone.

Reinstall NightHawk app and try setting it up again.

If still no go....Then you may have to factory reset your modem.

1. Reload the backup setting configuration file.. to bring all your settings back.

If that fails then take the next step.

2.Factory Reset, set up the router from scratch

If you do a factory setup and then setup you router. Do a Setting's Backup!

Now see what happens with the NightHawk app.

slackrl

Message 2 of 4
orionkhan
Aspirant

Thanks for the info. As it turns out, I ended up doing a factory reset of the router and that fixed the issue. While doing the reset, I also reinstalled the nighthawk app. Seems to be working normal again.

Message 3 of 4
slackrl
Luminary

Outstanding glad you're up and running again.

slackrl

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7