× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Troubleshooting - Windows Device Not Detecting AX Router's WiFi Network

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Troubleshooting - Windows Device Not Detecting AX Router's WiFi Network

If your Windows device is not detecting your AX router’s wireless network, you might have an older Intel (R) wireless network adapter (some older Intel adapters include: Intel Dual Band Wireless AC-3160, AC-3165, AC-7260, AC-7265 and AC-8260).

To check which wireless network adapter is on your Windows device:

1. Open the Control Panel.
  2. Enter Device Manager in the search bar at the top of the window.
  3. Click Device Manager.
  4. Click the arrow next to Network adapters to display the list of adapters.
    Your wireless network adapter displays on the list.

Note: If your wireless network adapter is not made by Intel and you are still unable to connect to your router’s SSID, try disabling the AX WiFi feature and reconnecting to your wireless network. For more information about how to disable AX WiFi, see How do I disable the AX WiFi feature on my AX router?.

If your wireless network adapter is an older Intel model, it might not recognize the wireless signal on your AX router. Connect to your router directly using a wired connection to access the Internet and download the latest network adapter drivers.

To connect to your router directly and download the latest wireless network adapter drivers:

1. Using an Ethernet cable, connect your Windows device to a LAN port on the back of your AX router.
  2. Launch a web browser and visit https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59485/Wireless-Networking.
  3. Download the latest wireless network adapter drivers for your adapter model.

After you install the latest drivers, your device should recognize your AX router’s wireless network.

Full KB Article: https://kb.netgear.com/000060384/My-Windows-device-is-not-detecting-my-AX-router-s-wireless-network-...

Message 1 of 2
schumaku
Guru

Re: Troubleshooting - Windows Device Not Detecting AX Router's WiFi Network

The most easy way to load the Intel® driver updates:

You can load most Intel® driver updates using the Intel® Driver and Support Assistant (Intel® DSA), which will:

• Detect your machine’s configuration.
  • Identify your current Intel® drivers.
  • Notify you of any drivers that need updating.
  • Give you the opportunity to update those drivers.
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7