Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: AX8 Nighthawk drops signal strength for no reason

redbird97
Aspirant

AX8 Nighthawk drops signal strength for no reason

So my AX8 will just drop the strength to all of my devices for no reason. I noticed it more since i began streaming games from my PC to my iPad.

I checked the the signal strength in the app to my devices and it was one bar on everything (all wifi devices though show strong connection on the devices themselves). I found that doing a speedtest kicks the router in the butt and seems to get things back to a tolerable level for a little bit.

See the screenshot to see the before, and then immediately after running a speedtest.

Any ideas?
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 6
redbird97
Aspirant

Firmware: 1.0.5.132_1.0.69

It's a Charter modem. That shouldn't have anything to do with the issue though as I'm not having an issue with the internet speed.

I live in the suburbs, there is no other wifi traffic.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 6

@redbird97 wrote:

It's a Charter modem. That shouldn't have anything to do with the issue though as I'm not having an issue with the internet speed.

That tells us nothing useful. Charter has supplied many different devices over the years. These days there is a good chance that they supply something that has everything to do with your Internet speed.

I live in the suburbs, there is no other wifi traffic.

Suburbs = neighbours = wifi interference.

Message 5 of 6
redbird97
Aspirant

Maybe my message wasn’t clear enough. I have no issue with my internet speed. I have issue with signal strength dropping while streaming from my PC to my ipad. The modem and internet speed do not come into play whatsoever.

As far as wifi traffic. From any device in my house, if you look at available wifi, there is only my network. I do not receive any signal from a neighbors wifi.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7