Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Devices Won't Connect After Router Reset

crazy8sfam
Follower

Devices Won't Connect After Router Reset

Our internet quit working.  We talked to the internet company to troubleshoot the issue.  They told us after 2 hours on the phone that we needed to call NETGEAR and do a reset on the router.  

We called NETGEAR for assistance.  Three hours later, we had the router reset.  None of our devices would connect to the new network.  We could see the network, but it said "no internet".  Finally, we went into the adapter settings and manually entered the DNS server and all of that manually.  We had to do that manually on both of our laptops in order to connect to the home network.  

HOWEVER, none of our other devices will connect to the internet.  We have Amazon Alexa devices, Google Home Smart devices, ipods and google chromecast devices and NONE of them will connect to the home network anymore.  It is SO annoying and SOOOO frustrating.  

I call our internet company, they blame it on the router.  I call NETGEAR and they blame Amazon and Google.  I call Amazon and they blame NETGEAR.  

Can anyone assist?  Is there a weird setting on the router that may be preventing the devices from connecting to the home network?  The network name is the same as it was before.  

Not sure what to do from here?!!?!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Devices Won't Connect After Router Reset

@crazy8sfam wrote:

Our internet quit working.  We talked to the internet company to troubleshoot the issue.  They told us after 2 hours on the phone that we needed to call NETGEAR and do a reset on the router.  

You don't say who this Internet company is, but most are famously hopeless at supporting customers. To be fair to them, they can't know about every router out there.

Unfortunately, your account of your travails actually lacks much in the way of useful detail. So you'll have to tell us a bit more.

The starting point has to be your modem, the bit that feeds into the R6700. What is it. Make and modem?

I have  no idea why they told you to reset the router. It sounds like a "we have no idea, so try that" move.

A first move is simply to restart the network in the correct order.

As this is a router, there is probably a modem sitting in front of it. You need to get the devices to forget any inherited settings. Among other things, that means rebooting the network.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7