Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Every day I experience the router R7000P disconnecting

opianosec
Follower

Every day I experience the router R7000P disconnecting

Every day I experience the router R7000P disconnecting, the router reboots automatically, and the router is plugged into a new UPS, so power failure is not the issue.

The problem I am experiencing occurs at least twice a day after updating the firmware to  V1.3.3.148_10.1.82.

There are no changes to the router's settings; they are still the same as before the updated firmware. The router did not present this issue before the update. The log does not show attacks or connecting / disconecting.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Every day I experience the router R7000P disconnecting

What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

Do you see any top LEDs that are AMBER on the Intenet LED when this happens? 

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 2 of 3

Re: Every day I experience the router R7000P disconnecting

@opianosec wrote:

Every day I experience the router R7000P disconnecting, the router reboots automatically, and the router is plugged into a new UPS, so power failure is not the issue.

Any pattern to this? Same time of the day?

The problem I am experiencing occurs at least twice a day after updating the firmware to  V1.3.3.148_10.1.82.

No problems here with that version.

You could confirm that that is the problem by rolling back to the previous firmware.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Another option would be to reset the router and set it up from scratch. Backup the settings before you do that, just in case that isn't the issue and you want to reload them.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7