Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Extending WIFI range by connecting two routers?

Milanr80
Initiate

Extending WIFI range by connecting two routers?

First off, I'm a total amateur when it comes to routers, internet connections and everything in that category. I just bought a Nighthawk AC 1900 because the range with my old AC1200 Smart Wifi-Router (R6220) didn't reach two of the rooms at my new place. With the Nighthawk, I have wifi in all my rooms, but the signals are really weak in the two rooms I mentioned. I've been watching some videos on Youtube and saw that connecting two routers through ethernet cable isone option to extend the wifi range. I haven't been successful in finding any videos for Netgear routers tho.. Does anyone know how to do it or if it's possible at all? Would really appreaciate any help!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Adewale
Luminary

This is quite simple...if you can run a network cable from any of the LAN ports on the AC1900 to the internet port on the AC1200 placed close to the two rooms with weak signal, then you have two networks in your home to work with. the signal from the AC1200 will be strong enough to use in those two rooms and you can use your AC1900 in other places

PS: you dont need to do any configurations with this type of set up....its all plug and play unless you have previously messed with manual settings in your routers before now

View solution in original post

Model: R6800|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] Does anyone know how to do it or if it's possible at all? [...]

You might start with the User Manual.  Look for "Wireless Access
Point".

To get the User Manual, visit netgear.com/support, put in your model
number, and look for Documentation.

Message 2 of 5
Adewale
Luminary

This is quite simple...if you can run a network cable from any of the LAN ports on the AC1900 to the internet port on the AC1200 placed close to the two rooms with weak signal, then you have two networks in your home to work with. the signal from the AC1200 will be strong enough to use in those two rooms and you can use your AC1900 in other places

PS: you dont need to do any configurations with this type of set up....its all plug and play unless you have previously messed with manual settings in your routers before now

Model: R6800|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5
Milanr80
Initiate

Had no idea it was that simple. Dude. I can't thank you enough. 

Message 4 of 5
antinode
Guru

> This is quite simple... [...] then you have two networks in your home
> to work with.

Configuring a wireless access point is about as simple, and it leaves
you with one network in your home.  Your choice.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7