Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Firmware update corrupted router.

Kindon
Aspirant

Firmware update corrupted router.

So I'm trying to force the firmware onto the router to fix this but I'm having an issue figuring out how to establish a connection to the router.
I've set up a static ip but keep getting an error when i ping of either destination unreachable or request time out.
As a result when i try to put the tftp firmware update into the router it fails with a message of unable to get responses from the server.
Any suggestions as how to fix this would be so helpful.
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Kindon
Aspirant

Re: Firmware update corrupted router.

Haha wow thank you so much that video answered my question. My router is one that you didn't hold the reset on when it turned on to fix it. You're the best! Just saved me 150 bucks!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies

Start at the beginning. Do the LEDs on your device confirm that your firmware really is corrupt? If not, there may be easier recovery options.

If you do need to use TFTP, you'll have to be clearer when seeking help. Take this bit:

@Kindon wrote:

I've set up a static ip but keep getting an error when i ping of either destination unreachable or request time out.

The "getting an error" could mean anything. The exact message is what people need if they are to help you. Copy and paste can be invaluable.

Likewise things like "I've set up a static ip". What and where?

TFTP is complicated. The exact steps are important. It can help to track down one of the many helpful videos out there.

This one, for example:

It isn't for your hardware, but the process is generic.

I assume that you are following this:

How to upload firmware to a NETGEAR router using Windows TFTP | Answer | NETGEAR Support

It is particularly helpful when it comes to getting TFTP to work in Windows.

Message 2 of 3
Kindon
Aspirant

Haha wow thank you so much that video answered my question. My router is one that you didn't hold the reset on when it turned on to fix it. You're the best! Just saved me 150 bucks!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7