Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Login Page Dead with Chrome - Edge works

_Rajendra_
Tutor

Login Page Dead with Chrome - Edge works

If I try to log in to 192.168.1.1 with Chrome, I get

192.168.1.1 refused to connect.

However, if I reboot the router and use Edge, I'm able to log in. If I try Chrome again, I get the above error and Edge can't connect any more. I have to reboot the router to regain access to the login page. Once it's rebooted, I can only use Edge to access it. Once I use Chrome, it kills access.

Anyone know how to fix this? Seems Chrome is causing an issue.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
_Rajendra_
Tutor

Re: Login Page Dead with Chrome - Edge works

I finally figured out the problem. Turns out I had a HotSpot Shield add-on on Chrome. When I first connect to the router using Chrome, the add-on probably does something causing the router to block all traffic to 192.168.1.1. I uninstalled the add-on, rebooted the router, and now all is fine.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 9

All Replies
Mikey94025
Hero

Is it possible that you've told Chrome to remember your credentials for that address a long time ago (different router, different password) so it is automatically trying to login and failing?  Try going to Settings... Advanced Settings... Passwords and Forms... Click Managed Passwords link... Uncheck Auto Sign-In and then try again.

Message 2 of 9
_Rajendra_
Tutor

I don't think this is the problem. The first time I use Chrome, I can no longer access the login page from any device or any browser. So it looks like the router is refusing all connections to 192.168.1.1.

Message 3 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi _Rajendra_,

Try resetting the router to factory default. Check for the firmware and update it.

Message 4 of 9
_Rajendra_
Tutor

It has the latest firmware. I don't want to do a factory reset and lose all of my configuration settings. There has to be another way to do this.

Message 5 of 9
JamesGL
Master

7Hi _Rajendra_,

Try to do back up on the settings on the device then reset. I do not have issues with my R7000 when accessing the UI.

Message 6 of 9
_Rajendra_
Tutor

I finally figured out the problem. Turns out I had a HotSpot Shield add-on on Chrome. When I first connect to the router using Chrome, the add-on probably does something causing the router to block all traffic to 192.168.1.1. I uninstalled the add-on, rebooted the router, and now all is fine.

Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi _Rajendra_,

Good to know it works now.

Message 8 of 9
arysingh
Initiate

Thanks a lot....You are a life saver.Had the exact same problem