Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Multiple DOT4 Ports and printer doesn't work

AltonL
Aspirant

Multiple DOT4 Ports and printer doesn't work

I have a Netgear R6900.  I am trying to connect to a LaserJet 1300 through the Netgear router, using ReadySHARE Printing.  

I downloaded and installed the ReadySharePrinter_setup_v1.36.  Unfortunately, I mistakenly ran the program twice.  I now show the printer is connected twice, to DOT4_001 (I have two of these, named exactly the same thing).  The result is I can't get the printer to print anything.  I tried deleting the DOT4 ports and starting over, but in Windows 10, I can't find a way to delete these ports. 

I tried uninstalling the ReadySharePrinter software, but that doesn't release the ports.

How can I fix this problem?

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Multiple DOT4 Ports and printer doesn't work

I forgot, you need to select one of the other ports first then apply, Select any of the available ports, like LPT or FILE. Apply the change. Close the window, then go back in and highlight on the DOT4 port then select delete. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Wow, I haven't seen one of these printers for a while.

You have to go into the control panel, I believe under devices, and Printers and open up the properties for the install printers and remove the port(s) there or just delete the entire printer from there then try to re-install. 

I presume this printer doesn't have a LAN cable network connection? 

Message 2 of 6
AltonL
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply.  I actually did delete the printer, but that didn't take the DOT4 ports away.  When I open up the properties, i can select the DOT4 port and click on Delete Port.  That brings up a dialog letting me know I'm about to delete the Port and can add it back later if I wish.  Sounds good.  But when I click on OK,  I get a warning that the requested resource is in use.  And it does not delete the port.

I tried looking for DOT4 using REGEDIT, but can't find it.  So I'm not sure where this stuff is stored.  But whereever it is, it is very secure!  

Any other ideas?

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I forgot, you need to select one of the other ports first then apply, Select any of the available ports, like LPT or FILE. Apply the change. Close the window, then go back in and highlight on the DOT4 port then select delete. 

Message 4 of 6
AltonL
Aspirant

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  That was the key!

It is working fine now.  Finally!

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation