Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Router mgmt page does not load + cant make change / update firmwr

inigam
Aspirant

Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Router mgmt page does not load + cant make change / update firmwr

I have a R7000 router using it with UK Virgin Hub 3.0 modem mode. 
in modem mode Virgin Hub is giving super speeds when wired as expected.
however this Netgear R7000 router connected with modem is not working with no internet access.
I tried to access the router management page at 192.168.0.1 but the page does not load in any browser at all.

It loads some buttons and tick boxes loaded but i cannot see any text. hence cannot see or make any changes to Netgear R7000 configuration.

Please advice/help. I hope to get a solution before I bin this router for good.

Message 1 of 5
microchip8
Master

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Router mgmt page does not load + cant make change / update firm

Default Web GUI address of NG routers is 192.168.1.1 and not 192.168.0.1. If the router detects another router on the network, it switches to 10.0.0.1
Message 2 of 5

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 R7000 - Router mgmt page does not load + cant make change / update firm

@inigam wrote:

I have a R7000 router using it with UK Virgin Hub 3.0 modem mode. 

This?

Help_L3_T4_S8_A1_MODEM_MODE_HUB_3 | Virgin Media

however this Netgear R7000 router connected with modem is not working with no internet access.
I tried to access the router management page at 192.168.0.1 but the page does not load in any browser at all.

That's not the default address for the router.

If routerlogin.net does not work try:

How do I log in to my NETGEAR wireless router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Then you will have to take it through the Internet setup process.

It might be a good idea to reset the R7000 before you try to set it up, especially if you have used it on a different network.

Manuals are always a good place to start.

Visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

That page will also have any software, firmware and drivers for your device, if they exist.

You may have done that already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear gave up on supplying paper manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 3 of 5
inigam
Aspirant

Hello many thanks for your response.

Apologise as it was a typo and I was actually getting the page to load anyway using the correct address.

The issue main is, however, that page isnt loading all the content completely. I can see left hand navigation and some buttons and check boxes but no text and it never loads anything more and browser tells the loading is complete.

Message 4 of 5

And the reset?

Try a different browser.

Connect a PC directly to the R7000 without any connection to the modem.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7