Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Question

farahtung
Follower

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Question

Hello all,

I was hoping for some insight regarding some recent issues with my router and if it is router issue or my abysmal WiFi.

Long story short, I have the Nighthawk R7000 and am experienced sporadic network disconnecting. I have to reset the router around 3-5 times a week for WiFi dropping for no apparent reason. Additionally, I experience significant networking issues playing most video games (of note, Warzone).

I have all home devices on the 2.4 GHz network, with maybe 1 or 2 devices on the 5 GHz network and plug my Xbox directly into the router. I have microwave internet and my WiFi download speed is around 10 Mbps download, and .70 upload (abysmal I know; I live in the country)

From reading through other posts, it appears that upgrading the firmware resolves that issue. However, I currently have the stock .88 firmware, with no upgrades available on the app.

Im considering trying a new router and then switching to literally any other internet providers (only other options here are satellite) but wanted to receive any input from y’all before I do so.

Thank you for taking the time to help

Message 1 of 2

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 Question

@farahtung wrote:

From reading through other posts, it appears that upgrading the firmware resolves that issue. However, I currently have the stock .88 firmware, with no upgrades available on the app.

There have been about a dozen new updates since Firmware Version 1.0.9.88.

This is the latest.

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.11.136 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

You could update it manually.

How do I manually upgrade firmware to my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7