Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Netgear Nighthawk R7000 in Bridge mode + Wireless - Not working anymore

remd
Initiate

Netgear Nighthawk R7000 in Bridge mode + Wireless - Not working anymore

I have setup a R7000 in Bridge mode about 5 years ago and it was working fine including the Wifi network. I need this as I have a PFSense router that handles all settings and ips in the network.

I recently had some issues as a neighbour started using the same wifi channels as mine on 2.4ghz and 5ghz so I wanted to set the R7000 on other channels, but I couldn't access the R7000 anymore as it was in bridge mode (no https or other port to logon) so I end up resting it and doing the bridge configuration again. 
I was able to modify the wifi channels and setup the R7000 again but as soon as I set it in Bridge mode it cuts the Wifi, although it seems to be configured in the Wireless bridge settings. 
I have also updated to the latest firmware when it didn't work anymore but although the menus changed a bit the results was the same ?

So I don't know why it has been working for he past 5 years and I cannot get it to bridge to Wifi anymore, Does anyone know what I might be overlooking ?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
remd
Initiate

thanks for your reply. I am on the latest R7000 firmware, just downloaded it from Netgear. 

I got it to work, what I needed was the "AP Mode" not the Wireless bridge mode, the naming changed with the firmware update and got me confused. 

So all good now

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW are you using? 

When the R7000 is in Bridge mode, this mode is a wireless client bridge mode only. Means that the R7000 becomes a wifi client that needs to connect to a source wifi SSID signal. In this mode the R7000 will not broadcast a wifi signal for other devices to connect too. 

I have mine in this mode right now and it's working as a client wifi device connected to my main Orbi system. A pc and game console connect to the R7000. 

Message 2 of 4
remd
Initiate

thanks for your reply. I am on the latest R7000 firmware, just downloaded it from Netgear. 

I got it to work, what I needed was the "AP Mode" not the Wireless bridge mode, the naming changed with the firmware update and got me confused. 

So all good now

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad you got it working. Yes AP mode would be the one.

Please mark your thread as solved so others will know. Be sure to save off a back up configuration to file for safe keeping. Saves time if a reset is needed.
https://kb.netgear.com/24231/How-do-I-back-up-the-router-configuration-settings-on-my-Nighthawk-rout...
Enjoy. 📡

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7