Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Netgear R7000p Dropping Connection (Wired) every 2 hours and 4 minutes.

mutedavinci
Follower

Netgear R7000p Dropping Connection (Wired) every 2 hours and 4 minutes.

So I have a Gig up and down fiber optic internet plan. It goes straight from the wall to my router to my pcs with the best ethernet cables I could possibly buy. This router is advertised as being more than capable of handling that.  I've had a problem with this router dropping connection every 2 hours and 4 minutes like clock-work 24 hours a day. It's only for a couple seconds (just long enough to shut my stream down, disconnect from game, abort downloads, etc.) then come right back up and reconnect like nothing happened. There's no warning, no lag, nothing. It just drops. Does anyone, maybe NetGear, have an actual fix for this? I've tried multiple fixes that I have read in the many forums of people with this same exact router and problem. The reviews on Amazon are also filled with this stuff. On the call with my ISP today we've over-confirmed it is not me nor my ISP. The guy finally broke down and started scouring the internet with me and pretty much said to get a new router due to the online feedback. If someone could please please help me out here I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to have to switch. I'm just at a loss in what to do here.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Netgear R7000p Dropping Connection (Wired) every 2 hours and 4 minutes.

Does the top INTERNET LED on the router turn AMBER when this happens? 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?
Be sure your using a good quality LAN cable between the modem and router. CAT6 is recommended. 

What channel configurations are currently set on the router?  
Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
Armor, Smart Parental Controls or Circle, Traffic Meter.

Has a power off for 1 minute then back ON with the ISP modem and router been performed since last update?
Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:
Turn off and unplug modem.
Turn off router and computers.
Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
Turn on computers and rest of network.

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update? A complete pull of the power adapters for a period of time after the factory reset then walk thru the setup wizard and setup from scratch with a wired PC and web browser. https://kb.netgear.com/22697/How-do-I-install-my-NETGEAR-router-using-the-router-web-interface
Recommend setting the default DHCP IP address pool range to the following after applying and a factory reset: 192.168.#.100 to 192.168.#.200.
https://kb.netgear.com/24089/How-do-I-specify-the-pool-of-IP-addresses-assigned-by-my-Nighthawk-rout...

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7