Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X10 R9000 blocking random internet pages/devices

SixPack
Follower

Nighthawk X10 R9000 blocking random internet pages/devices

Good afternoon,

A couple months ago we purchaed the Nighthawk X10 R9000 router for home use. It was working great until just recently. Our internet provider had an issue (a farmer drilled through a cable fiber) which made us lose Internet for a half day. The problem was fixed, and internet is back up and running, except for a few issues:

1) When we try to go directly to a few random web pages (hotmail being one) we receive a message that we should enter a username and password, not sure for what, but when we hit cancel we receive a message from Netgear about doing a Router Password reset. But if I go to Google search type in hotmail, and then click on it, it takes us to the normal hotmail sign in page.

2) My son has his computer hardwired to the router. He can play games on the Internet fine, but he is not able to download any new games, UNLESS he disconnects from the router, and connects directly to the modem.

3) Our Amazon firestick is no longer able to connect to our wireless network. We input the password, and then get the "Could not contact Amazon.com. Please check your router or select another wireless network". We WERE ABLE to use the firestick when utilizing a cell phone hot spot, so it appears to be something with the router.

I am not the most techy person. But did unplug and disconnect the router and modem a few times. I reset the fire stick to the factor settings. But we're not making any progress.  Any thoughts or ideas? 

Thanks you!

Message 1 of 2

Re: Nighthawk X10 R9000 blocking random internet pages/devices

@SixPack wrote:

But did unplug and disconnect the router and modem a few times. I reset the fire stick to the factor settings.

When the whole network goes down, you have to reboot everything in the correct order.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

This is so that the various bits and pieces are connected before the next bit of the chain tries to establish a connection.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7