Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R6700V3 Wireless AP Issues

Powertower8912
Aspirant

R6700V3 Wireless AP Issues

Okay, I'm at a loss.  I have a Netgear R7800 with firmware 1.0.2.92 as a main router.  I have this router connected through ethernet cable to the WAN port of a Netgear R6700V3 with firmware 1.0.4.128.  I set the R6700V3 into Wireless AP mode and it won't recognize an internet connection.  The port on the main R7800 is not lit up at all while the other ports that are in use blink white.  The WAN port light on the R6700 is blinking orange.  When I relocate the ethernet cable to a different port on the R6700 the associate port lights up white, but still no WIFI internet connection is available when connected wirelessly to the R6700. I have the R6700 set to auto assign IP in the WAP setting menu.  I can't see the R6700 as a connected device in the R7800 menus either. Prior to configuring the 6700 as a WAP, I changed the wireless channels between the two devices so they are not the same.  The SSID's are different names also.  Is there a way to configure the R6700 to extend my WIFI connection/use it as a wireless AP or a wireless bridge?  I'm begging to think this isn't possible.

Message 1 of 3

@Powertower8912 wrote:

Is there a way to configure the R6700 to extend my WIFI connection/use it as a wireless AP or a wireless bridge? 

Not that I can see from the manual. Only some Netgear routers offer a bridge/repeater mode.

When you put this into AP mode, did you start the network in the required order?

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on AP and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 2 of 3

This seems to be a duplicate of another discussion:

Bridging a R7800 main with R6700v3 secondary - NETGEAR Communities

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series