Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 Send Logs Via Comcast SMTP

johnmsch
Aspirant

R7000 Send Logs Via Comcast SMTP

My R7000 is running v1.0.9.88_10.2.88 and I can't get it to send the logs using Comcast SMTP.  I found an old post about this here and wanted to see if there was any updates on this situation, especially if anyone ever got this to work.

I had been using gmail, up until earlier this year when Google pulled the plug.  Here's my email settings:

R7000EmailSettings.2.jpg

I have tried both ports 587 and 465, based on something I found in another thread here:

The smart email sender software on the Netgear routers in place is able to deal with plain text SMTP submission, with explicit TLS (configure port 587, this is the de-facto standard SMTP submission port, working with plain text), or with implicit TLS (configure port 465). Trouble is that if you don't specify the port, it defaults to 25 which is not intended for email submission (only for SMTP transport between message handlers). And that port 25 can be captured or is even blocked by more and more ISPs these days. 

Has anyone been able to get this router to send the logs via Comcast SMTP?

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: R7000 Send Logs Via Comcast SMTP

Check with comcast to see what there SMTP configuration is and requires. 

Gmail works if you follow this process:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-WiFi-6-AX-and-WiFi-6E-AXE/Enable-Email-Logging-and-Router-Rebo...

Message 2 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: R7000 Send Logs Via Comcast SMTP

Yes, everyday.

The settings in your router appear to be correct.  If you go to Advanced -> Administration -> Logs and click on Send Log at the top, whatever error you get should show up in the log.

Within your Comcast e-mail settings, use a web browser and log in to your Comcast web mail and click on settings in the upper right hand corner, check on the Security settings and make sure Third Party Access is allowed.  See attached.

@johnmsch wrote:

Has anyone been able to get this router to send the logs via Comcast SMTP?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7