Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 slow wired speed

Teledatax
Aspirant

R7000 slow wired speed

I have a  R7000  and recently upgraded to a CM1150v modem and there is a significant speed reduction using the router with the modem. A wired  connection PC to modem is 600-700MB while the wired connection through the router with the  PC is  200MB max. Is  there a router configuration change  or firmware update required? The R7000 firmware is V1.0.9.12_1.2.23 .   the router indicates there is an update available but I am relucant to do it since I already have a bricked router from a previous update.

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions

Re: R7000 slow wired speed

@plemans wrote:
I'd try manually updating over a wired connect and then after the update do a factory reset/reinstall because the firmware has changed a lot since the version you're on.

You should also reset the router because you are asking it to connect to a new modem. So the R7000 has to forget any settings it picked up from your old modem.

And remember the other golden rule.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You're on a really old version of firmware. 

the latest is 1.0.11.128

I'd try manually updating over a wired connect and then after the update do a factory reset/reinstall because the firmware has changed a lot since the version you're on.

During the install, leave qos, access control, traffic monitoring, and parental controls all disabled. Those features require packet inspection and the CPU doesn't have the power to do packet inspection at gigabit speeds. 

Message 2 of 10

@plemans wrote:

You should also reset the router because you are asking it to connect to a new modem. So the R7000 has to forget any settings it picked up from your old modem.

And remember the other golden rule.

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Message 3 of 10
Teledatax
Aspirant

Thank you I will give it a try.

Message 4 of 10
lpn24
Aspirant

Have same issue, any solution worked?

Message 5 of 10

@lpn24 wrote:

Have same issue, any solution worked?

That may or may not be true.Many times "same issues" lobbed in here turn out to have completely different causes and effects.

Your message is so thin on details that it is anybody's guess as to what is going on.

You don't say if you have tried the previous suggestions.

Why not wait until @Teledatax reports back before you throw you hat in the ring?

Message 6 of 10
Teledatax
Aspirant

Updating the  firmware to the most recent did the trick for me.  I am now getting    getting the 600mb  .

Message 7 of 10
Brandynn
Aspirant

Hi, I am having the same problem. i am currently on Version V1.0.11.136. I have ATT Fiber 1Gbit Up/Down. In the netgear configuration settings speed test, speeds vary from 220mbps down and 20mbps up. I have The BGW-210 Modem and in its advanced configuration speeds get to 970 up/down and is also set to IP passthrough to the R7000 router with a dedicated AP for the wireless connections. R7000 handles all the wired connections and does not broadcast any SSID. 

When ever someone downloads a small file it cripples the whole connection for others im not sure if thats normal. i have around 22 concurrent user with 5 of those Wired connections. peak 30 concurrent user. 

Thanks for the help!

Message 8 of 10

@Brandynn wrote:

I have The BGW-210 Modem ....

Google suggests that this is a modem/router.

Solved: How do I setup bridge mode in the ARRIS BGW210-700 - NETGEAR Communities

Message 9 of 10

Please try to avoid setting too many hares running at the same time, especially when your problem is completely different from the original issue here.

R7000 - NETGEAR Communities

And please do not hijack someone else's conversations. It breaks the rules of this place.

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7