Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 vs D7000

dexter87
Aspirant

R7000 vs D7000

Hi, only a question: the only difference between R7000 and D7000 is the modem ? The rest is the same (cpu, ram, features ?) I ask this because i have already one R7000 + isp modem, and i really love R7000, but i want change this with D7000 for remove the (horrible) isp modem. Thanks and sorry my english.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Re: R7000 vs D7000

While that's true, there may be other considerations:

1. Netgear may or may not update the firmware on their cable modem/routers as often as their pure routers
  2. The D7000 may not be on your ISP's approved modem list
  3. Keeping the modem separate from the router allows you to upgrade either one, as needed. DOCSIS 3.1? Upgrade modem! 802.11ac MU-MIMO? Upgrade router!
  4. I prefer to keep control of my router. A combined cable modem/router may be controllable by the ISP. Uh, no thanks.
  5. I may want to place the router in a different location than the modem for better Wi-Fi coverage.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

Looks the same. If your ISP will let you use it..

"The Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router provides a built-in fast DSL modem for broadband that is compatible with legacy ADSL, ADSL2 and ADSL2+ connections as well as lightning-fast VDSL and VDSL2 speeds. It offers a great solution to replace outdated or lower-performing equipment from your DSL provider. It also offers a Gigabit Ethernet WAN port for universal compatibility with any Internet service, making Nighthawk a logical choice for offering a future-ready upgrade to fiber/cable Internet service.

The dual-core 1GHz processor that powers Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi VDSL/ADSL Modem Router boosts wireless, wired, and USB performance. Nighthawk takes full advantage of the world’s fastest AC WiFi technology that’s already built into your latest mobile devices, while still backward compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n devices. Within the home or local network, Nighthawk delivers incredibly fast wireless up to 1.9Gbps (AC1900 WiFi = 600+1300Mbps*) and Gigabit Ethernet speeds. High-powered amplifiers, three external antennas and Beamforming+ improve range and reliability to extend coverage and reduce dead spots even in very large homes. Its simultaneous dual band WiFi technology (2.4GHz for range and 5GHz for performance) avoids wireless interference."

Message 2 of 6
chuckd83
Apprentice

D7000 does not support ReadyCloud even though their documentation says it does.

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

I think you would be better off just replacing the modem. I understand the attractiveness of a single box solution but you already have the R7000, which is an excellent box.
Message 4 of 6
dexter87
Aspirant

If the D7000 proves not good at modem could still use it like the R7000 with the wan port, always be the same for the rest...

Message 5 of 6
TheEther
Guru

While that's true, there may be other considerations:

1. Netgear may or may not update the firmware on their cable modem/routers as often as their pure routers
  2. The D7000 may not be on your ISP's approved modem list
  3. Keeping the modem separate from the router allows you to upgrade either one, as needed. DOCSIS 3.1? Upgrade modem! 802.11ac MU-MIMO? Upgrade router!
  4. I prefer to keep control of my router. A combined cable modem/router may be controllable by the ISP. Uh, no thanks.
  5. I may want to place the router in a different location than the modem for better Wi-Fi coverage.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7