Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7000P not working with unmanaged switches - NETGEAR GS108

jamesblue
Aspirant

R7000P not working with unmanaged switches - NETGEAR GS108

I have several unmanged switches in my home to provide faster and more stable ethernet connection for selected devices than I can get with wifi.  These are 4 and 8 port Netgear devices, GS105, GS108.  These are plugged back into my router on ethernet cables I've run throught he house.

This weekend I have just swapped out my old router and replaced it with a Nighthawk R7000P running Firmware V.1.0.14_1.0.59.  The devices connected directly to the R7000P on an ethernet cable from the device straight into one of its ports work fine.

However a device that goes from the R7000P into a 4 or 8 port GS105 or GS108 switch does not get ethernet connection UNLESS no other device is plugged into the GS105 or GS108 switch.

So if the GS105 or GS108 has just two ethernet cables ( one from the router and one to a single computer ) the single computer gets an ethernet and network connection.

If the GS105 or GS108 has a couple of devices connected to it none of the computers on the unmanaged switch get a connection.

This set-up worked fine on my old router. Any ideas?  I have tried restarting switches / routers / PC's repeatedly.

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
William10a
Master

you may have reset the lan ports of the other devices not sure the devices are as you did not say. The computer is auto detecting the network.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
William10a
Master

you may have reset the lan ports of the other devices not sure the devices are as you did not say. The computer is auto detecting the network.

Message 2 of 3
jamesblue
Aspirant

thank you Wiliam10a!

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7