Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RING Floodlight Cam - Cannot Connect To Internet Error

ToxicMan
Tutor

RING Floodlight Cam - Cannot Connect To Internet Error

Hoping someone here can had similar issue and found a solution, Ring support has been unable to help.

As the subject says, I have a RING Floodlight Cam, it does not support 5GHz, so must be connected to a 2.4GHz wifi channel.  When I setup the RING, it finds the wifi SSID no problem, I enter my credentials, and the Floodlight cam goes to complete the setup, but then drops and error about not being able to connect to the internet.  Setup fails.

I reinstalled my old WNDR3700 and the Floodlight cam connects fine when using that router.

So strange.

I called RING support, they had very little to offer in the way of help. 

1) Make sure the wifi channel setting for 2.4GHz is set to AUTO.

2) Turn off Beam Forming

3) Good Luck to you, call Netgear.

I've done these setting changes, but still no love.  Can not complete the setup!

Interestingly as well, I have a RING DoorChime Pro and it too will not connect to the Nighthawk!  But it will connect to the older WNDR3700

[RANT]  Really hate RING at the moment. [/RANT]

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
ToxicMan
Tutor

Re: RING Floodlight Cam - Cannot Connect To Internet Error

You can disregard. It’s the ring firmware that is the issue. I had them push a different firmware and all is good now. They knew exactly what the problem was when I called and within five minutes had me on a different firmware and working with the new nighthawk router.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi ToxicMan,

What is the wireless settings of your WNDR3700? ( channel, mode and security option)

What firmware version is installed on R8000?

Message 2 of 3
ToxicMan
Tutor

You can disregard. It’s the ring firmware that is the issue. I had them push a different firmware and all is good now. They knew exactly what the problem was when I called and within five minutes had me on a different firmware and working with the new nighthawk router.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7