Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

ReadyCLOUD for R7800?

theyoud
Initiate

ReadyCLOUD for R7800?

I am surprised that the new R7800 does not have the readyCLOUD functionality.  I am seriously considering the R7800 because I like the 2 USB3.0 ports for storage, but I think I'll wait until easier cloud access is added.  Does anyone know if/when Netgear plans to add ReadyCLOUD to the R7800?

Message 1 of 9

Accepted Solutions
theyoud
Initiate

Re: ReadyCLOUD for R7800?

The product page now says that ReadyCLOUD is available for the R7800 with the current firmware.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 9

All Replies
avtella
Prodigy

They will probably add it n a future update.

Message 2 of 9
LeeH
Prodigy

Recommend you not try to do NAS with a Nighthawk router.  Save yourself a lot of trouble and buy a NAS.

Message 3 of 9
Richard1864
Luminary

It's part of an upcoming firmware update, along with remote access via Netgear Genie. I don't know when though.
Message 4 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Richard1864 is right. The feature will be added in the future FW release.

Message 5 of 9
theyoud
Initiate

The product page now says that ReadyCLOUD is available for the R7800 with the current firmware.

Message 6 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi theyound,

It will be supported on upcoming firmware but not on the current latest firmware.

Message 7 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Hi All,

Firmware is now available for R7800 that supports ReadyCloud.

New Features and Enhancements:

• Supports ReadyCloud, which allows you to access your USB storage device from anywhere.
  • Supports genie remote, which allows you to manage your home network remotely using NETGEAR genie.
  • Supports the Kwilt iOS photo manager app, which can be used to view and share photos stored on the USB drive connected to the R7800, as well as from other sources like DropBox, OneDrive, Facebook etc.
  • Supports NETGEAR Downloader (Beta), which allows you to directly download files from Internet to the USB drive connected to the router.
  • Supports OpenVPN mobile client (iOS and Android) app for easy secure remote access to your home network.
  • Sends log reports via SSL email, which allows email notification to be setup on your Nighthawk router.
  • Supports WiFi Transmit Power Control, which reduces WiFi power to just cover your home network and reduces WiFi interference in the neighborhood.
  • Supports AP mode detection, which detects whether you set up the router in AP mode or not, and provides you with the option to configure the router in router mode or AP mode.
  • Supports IPTV port, which creates a bridge connection from the WAN port to one of the LAN ports. The designated LAN port or wireless SSID becomes an IPTV port, and has the direct access to the WAN port, without going through NAT.
  • Supports IGMP proxy for British Telecom.
  • Improves port forwarding by allowing fixed and range ports to be added to one rule.
  • Supports IP-MAC binding for the PR region.
  • Supports Super WiFi for the PR region.
  • Supports DNS 3322 for the PR region.
  • Supports Russian WAN installation and IPTV port support.

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed the issue in which iMAC cannot scan 5G SSID when channel is set to 153/157.
  • Fixed the issue in which IPv6 cannot be disabled when using Windows10 Edge browser.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/30470

Message 8 of 9
JamesGL
Master

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements