Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: ReadyShare vault doesn't recognise USB drive

theherm
Aspirant

ReadyShare vault doesn't recognise USB drive

I've bought a new R7000 and hooked up a Samsung M3 (2TB) USB drive. The router recognises the drive perfectly and works fine for accessing files through e.g. Windows Explorer. 

But, Ready Share Vault does not recognise my backup drive and says "No ReadySHARE device detected". I've also tried another Samsung drive (1TB), but it also wasn't recognised. After reading all related posts, I'm unable to get the drive recognised. Please help.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
theherm
Aspirant

Problem solved by de-installing and re-installing the ReadyShare Vault software!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
theherm
Aspirant

Problem solved by de-installing and re-installing the ReadyShare Vault software!

Message 2 of 7
sweller
Aspirant

Still doesn't work for me. You did a Windows uninstall?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 7
theherm
Aspirant

No, I only re-installed the Vault software. I think it is necessary to leave the USB drive connected while reinstalling. At least that is how I did it and I think was different from my first installation.

I had help from the Netgear helpdesk. Maybe try them otherwise. They seemed rather confident in solving the problem.

Message 4 of 7
sweller
Aspirant

Netgear support just told me, "ReadyShare Vault feature is not supported by the C7000 device." and that I should go ahead and return it to the place of purchase. 😕

Putzing around with the software some more, I stumbled onto the fact that Vault can't get to the USB drive except through Genie. And Genie can't log in without manually entering the IP. For now at least, I have it working.

Message 5 of 7
sweller
Aspirant

Never mind. It failed again. Are you sure yours is till backing up? My most common problem is that Genie doesn't recognize the router.

Message 6 of 7
theherm
Aspirant

Mine is backing up while I type this. I noticed I first have to access the drive through ReadyShare and then navigate to the ReadyShare Vault, otherwise it doesn't recognise the drive. But it seems to work fine untill now. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7