Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Recovery security questions do not work/do not make sense

Mwhite67
Follower

Recovery security questions do not work/do not make sense

It asked me for my sister's names. I don't remember ever telling it them. Now it says they are wrong. I know my sister's names.

Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Recovery security questions do not work/do not make sense

Wire connect a PC to the router and factory reset the router using the back push pin button. Hold it in for 10 seconds then let go. Then log in to routerlogin.com using a web browser and walk thru the setup wizard. This time write down all important information for safe keeping later on.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Recovery security questions do not work/do not make sense

@Mwhite67 wrote:

It asked me for my sister's names. I don't remember ever telling it them. Now it says they are wrong. I know my sister's names.

If you are trying to use the "password recovery" option, there is a bug in Netgear's implementation of password recovery on some devices. You can get locked into a closed loop.

If password recovery is enabled, but you have not set the answers to the questions, it keeps sending you back to the beginning of the process. If you haven't already given the thing your personal answers, they are not in its memory and it has no way of knowing if they are correct.

If the standard factory password (password) does not work, then you will have to factory reset the thing to get back to that. Then either disable password recovery (check the manual for your device) or provide some answers to those questions.

How do I perform a factory reset on my NETGEAR router? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7