Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Which router is better: TP-Link AX3000 or NetGear NightHawk AC1900?

banhoagni
Follower

Which router is better: TP-Link AX3000 or NetGear NightHawk AC1900?

I’m mainly looking for best range at 5Ghz speeds (it’s a big house), especially for gaming and streaming (ethernet not applicable).

Message 1 of 3
Kitsap
Master

Re: Which router is better: TP-Link AX3000 or NetGear NightHawk AC1900?

@banhoagni wrote:

I’m mainly looking for best range at 5Ghz speeds (it’s a big house), especially for gaming and streaming (ethernet not applicable).

You need to do some homework.  Here is a link to a recently updated Duckware blog article.  Duckware knows what they are talking about.

https://www.duckware.com/tech/wifi-in-the-us.html

The numbers you provide (AX 3000 and AC 1900) are aggregate capacity ratings from the manufactures in an attempt to allow comparison of router throughput capacities from different manufacturers.  More of a marketing label.  In this case, apples and oranges when you consider the additional Wi-Fi band of the AX device.  You are going to need to compare actual reviews of specific model numbers of the Wi-Fi routers.

In general, AX devices are a newer fresher design compared to AC devices.  Also AX devices will most likely be supported by the manufacturer farther into the future than AC devices.

Message 2 of 3

Re: Which router is better: TP-Link AX3000 or NetGear NightHawk AC1900?

@banhoagni wrote:

It may not be possible to get a single router to fill the space. Wifi strengths are limited  by law, and most brands are likely to have the same signal strengths. After all, the wifi chips come from a small bunch of third party suppliers.

You may want to look into something like an Orbi Mesh system, wirth a router and as many satellites as you see fit.

As to "ethernet not applicable", does that include Powerline Ethernet?

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7