Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Windows 10 says no Internet, secured however I do have Internet

DatBoi
Aspirant

Windows 10 says no Internet, secured however I do have Internet

Okay. I have looked for almost a year now since about a month after I got the free update for windows 10. My laptop for school originally had windows 8.1 preinstalled, but had the free upgrade to Windows 10. I had win. 10 for a while, about a month into school. Until, the network suddenly stopped working. I looked up so many things to try and look up. I did the method of uninstalling the network adapter software and the computer automatically reinstalling it. And it somewhat worked. But the internet status showed that I had no internet, but secured. I didn't think much of it becuase I still had internet despite the status no matter the network I was connected to. Until I tried to use microsoft apps. It seems that the microsoft apps won;t load if the OS says that there is no internet. For example, the Xbox App won't load and tells me to check the internet connection. It frustrates me becuase I need to edit a setting that is slowing all my video gmes scuh as csgo which is enabling DVR or something like that. I honestly don't know what to do. 

Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions

Re: Windows 10 says no Internet, secured however I do have Internet

Message 10 of 10

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi DatBoi,

What is the NETGEAR device that you have? 

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 10
DatBoi
Aspirant

It's not the NETGEAR router or something that I have (I don't know mich about this) this happens on all Wi-Fi connections whether it be straight from the xfinity router to the hot spot on my phone. My computer simply gives the status no internet, secured while it shows I have a 263 megabit connection and my download speed is 100 megabits and 16 ping (when I use the xnfinity speed test)
Message 3 of 10
DatBoi
Aspirant

I don't know if it was appropriate to ask this on the NETGEAR community, but I've submitted this everywhere. The problem is in my computer. I don't know where. I don't know if there is a fix l, but I'm trying.
Message 4 of 10

I'm afraid that I find it difficult to understand what you are talking about, but this may be a well known phenomenon that has bugged people for some time.

The clue was when you said that you don't use Netgear equipment, so the problem is on the PC.

Is this the problem;

• You are connected to the Internet
  • Your Windows PC says that you do not have an Internet connection

If that is the case, this is a common complaint. In effect, Windows is lying. I have seen it myself, albeit not on Windows 10.

This is not an issue that you will get answers to here. It really has nothing to do with anything Netgear.

Your best bet is to pursue the problem on a forum that is about Windows 10.

I assume that you have installed the anniversary update to Windows 10.

Message 5 of 10
DatBoi
Aspirant

Thank you you are correct that's the problem. I don't know why it is happening since I only see this on other Windows versions, but not 10. I've gone on other forums and posted this.
Thanks
Message 6 of 10

@DatBoi wrote:
...I only see this on other Windows versions, but not 10. I've gone on other forums and posted this.

I'm even more confused. At first you said that Windows 10 was the problem now you say that it is everything else.

Message 7 of 10
DatBoi
Aspirant

What I'm trying to say is that even before this, I've gone on other forums that have this problem except it only works on Windows 7. I seem to be the only one with this issue on Windows 10. Solutions seem to be changing the preferred IP and DNS. But this is my computer for home and school, so i can't change that albeit the one they gave i only limited to that specific router they have or it doesn't work with the one I have at home. And the other solution is to uninstall the Wi-Fi software and have reinstall. None work.
Message 8 of 10

I have also seen something on the wifi theme.

It was to do with what Windows was looking at when it marks that flag.

I'll see if I can remember where it was.

Message 9 of 10

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7