Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

channels

bcharles6
Follower

channels

Hello. New to the forum. I just bought a nighthawk cax80 and had service through xfinity started. I was told by the tech tghat came out that the router is only set to "half capacity" out of the box and that I would need to open up all the channels before I could get the most out of the router. I have tried to search that but have been unable to find anything. I may be using the wrong wording while searching. Any info would help. I also need to assign my ip cameras to separate channels and would like to assign my daughter's devices to their own channel as well incase I need to kick them off the wifi for any reason. 

Thanks 

Message 1 of 3

Re: channels

@bcharles6 wrote:

Hello. New to the forum. I just bought a nighthawk cax80

Welcome to the funny farm.

The CAX80 is a cable modem/router. More to it than the routers covered here.

You might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Cable Modems & Routers

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

@bcharles6 wrote:

I was told by the tech tghat came out that the router is only set to "half capacity" out of the box

Take everything said by the ISP's technicians with several pinches of salt. And ask them to explain what they mean.

You are not the first person to ask about the XFINITY + CAX80 combination:

Search - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: channels

Without knowing more details, tough to know if the tech was talking about the docsis cable connections channels or wifi channels. 

what speeds do you pay for? 

What speeds do you get hardwired into the CAX80?

Do you have a screen snip of the cable connections page? (shows docsis channels, that xfinity/the tech are responsible for)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7