Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router.

flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router.

Hi guys, I'm new here and to DD-WRT. Recently, I flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router. I selected the 'dd-wrt.K3_R7000.chk' file on that list.

All was working fine until this morning when my power went out for about 5 seconds. Of course my router is plugged in and of course lost power also. I expected it to boot back up and work as normal but that was not the case.

It boots up, cycles through lights but then the power light stays amber and it doesn't broadcast any WiFi connections (which I wouldn't expect since it isn't showing full on power.) It also semi lights up the 2.4 indicator. When I plug my laptop directly into the router via an Ethernet connection, I do get a legit IP address but no actual connection. The router lights up amber on the Ethernet port I am connected into also. After a while, my IP address is dropped in place of a self assigned one.

Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: flashed DD-WRT onto my R7000 router.

You'll need to post over on the DD-WRT forums for there help and information regarding there FW. This forum is for NGs stock loaded routers. 

Good Luck. 

Message 2 of 5

@BellamyDustin wrote:

It boots up, cycles through lights but then the power light stays amber ....

On stock firmware that is a sign that your router has corrupt firmware.

I hope that the people behind DD-WRT firmware have "get me out of here" instructions – perhaps you checked them before you went down that road – but as @FURRYe38 says there's nothing that anyone from Netgear can do to help you with third-party firmware.

Message 3 of 5

@michaelkenward wrote:

@BellamyDustin wrote:

It boots up, cycles through lights but then the power light stays amber ....

On stock firmware that is a sign that your router has corrupt firmware.

I hope that the people behind DD-WRT firmware have "get me out of here" instructions – perhaps you checked them before you went down that road – but as @FURRYe38 says there's nothing that anyone from Netgear can do to help you with third-party firmware.

Sure thank you sir

Message 4 of 5

@FURRYe38 wrote:

You'll need to post over on the DD-WRT forums for there help and information regarding there FW. This forum is for NGs stock loaded routers. 

Good Luck. 

Much Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7