Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

slow Network Traffic between switch and Linksys Router

charlesmccune
Follower

slow Network Traffic between switch and Linksys Router

Ok here's the Problem. When I connect My Linksys WRT 1900 ACS to One of the 4 Copper 10GB, 1G, 100, 10 Ports. It connects at the 1G speed because that's what the Router is.  The switch will link up to the router, but internet is really slow, and its not steady as if there is a fault in the connection.  I have tried all 4 ports with same results.  I have a  ProSafe GS724T, I can connect the router to, and when I connect the XSM7224S to the GS724T and the WRT 1900 ACS to the GS724T, The internet though the XSM7224S is fine.  I can put any switch in between the Router and the XSM7224S, and the access to the interenet though the XSM7224S is fine and trafic between the XSM7224S, and all other switches is fine.  Just when I connect the XSM7224S To the WRT 1900ACS, The traffice to the routher is slowed down, or don't send data at all.     

What I want to do if I can find what is going one between the XSM7224S, and Router, is Replace the GS&24T with the XSM7224S, as my main switch. 

Thanks in advance for any advice you my or may not have. 

Model: XSM7224S|ProSafe 24 ports managed 10G stackable fiber switch
Message 1 of 2

Re: slow Network Traffic between switch and Linksys Router

You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so you might get responses here, but the XSM7224S switch is nothing like a router so you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your hardware, in the appropriate section for your device. That's probably here:

Smart / Plus / Click Switches - NETGEAR Communities

I will ask the Netgear moderator to move your message.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7