× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 can't detect ethernet cable

bberenberg
Aspirant

MR60 can't detect ethernet cable

I just bought an MR60 mesh system with two satellites. I am connecting to Comcast Xfinity via a Surfboard SB6121 modem. The router will not recognize the Ethernet cable that runs between the router and the modem. I have used two different cables (the one that comes with the MR60, and the cable I used with my old router, which does actually work with that router). I spent an hour on the phone with Netgear technical support. They concluded the router was defective. I exchanged it for a new one but have the same problem. I tried updating the firmware, but it was already up to date. I'm ready to give up and get my money back, but thought I would try posting first.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: MR60 can't detect ethernet cable

Hi bberenberg, 

May you try setting up the router using a web browser and visiting routerlogin.com.

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
bberenberg
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestion, but unfortunately that is one of the first things I tried.

Barry

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Barry, 

I would suggest a factory reset on the MR60 by holding down on the reset button for 15+ seconds. I would also check to ensure the ethernet cable is plugged into the correct port. It's fairly odd how the issue is occurring on both routers. 

Christian

Message 4 of 6
bberenberg
Aspirant

Thanks, I tried both when I was on the phone with tech support.

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi bberenberg, 

May you send me a private message with your email address and case number(s). I'd like for support to follow up on your case and have it escalated. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series