× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

MR60 is it possible to restrict a target access to only one source on the network?

lberezinski
Aspirant

MR60 is it possible to restrict a target access to only one source on the network?

I have an MR60 mesh system and Im looking to restrict access of a device on my network to only one source IP. Is that possible?
Message 1 of 6

Re: MR60 is it possible to restrict a target access to only one source on the network?

@lberezinski wrote:
I have an MR60 mesh system and Im looking to restrict access of a device on my network to only one source IP. Is that possible?

Can you explain what you mean? What is this source IP. Something on your network or out in the Internet.

Explain what you want to achieve rather than your idea of the solution and someone might be able to offer ideas as to how to get there.

Message 2 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: MR60 is it possible to restrict a target access to only one source on the network?

Are you trying to setup a reserved IP address? 

Like @michaelkenward says, your description leaves a lot to be desired 

Message 3 of 6
lberezinski
Aspirant

I want to restrict access to a camera on the network so that only my NVR, which is also on the same network, can access it. All other network devices should be denied access.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Something to ask the mfr of this camera and NVR system about. Anything connected on the same network would have access to these devices, unless there is passwords set up on these devices, if they support that. Something to ask the Mfr about. 

Message 5 of 6

@lberezinski wrote:
I want to restrict access to a camera on the network so that only my NVR, which is also on the same network, can access it. All other network devices should be denied access.

Why?

If you have instal devices that demand internet access, disabling that connection will disable the devices. Is that what you want?

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series