Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Nighthawk Mesh WiFi

Welcome to the Nighthawk Mesh Community

Advanced Whole Home WiFi Click to Buy Nighthawk Mesh WiFi 6

VLAN Tagging on MK62 on Access Point Mode + Easy Mesh

lostgear
Star

VLAN Tagging on MK62 on Access Point Mode + Easy Mesh

I want to create 2 SSIDs using the MK62 (or other Easy Mesh compliant Netgear routers) and tag then to a VLAN (802.1q) so that my switch can segregate the two SSIDs as separate networks.  Does the MK62 support 802.1q in Access Point Mode (ideally in Easy Mesh mode as well)?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: VLAN Tagging on MK62 on Access Point Mode + Easy Mesh

Not as far as I'm aware. 

None of the consumer devices support vlan tagging for anything other than IPTV setups. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Not as far as I'm aware. 

None of the consumer devices support vlan tagging for anything other than IPTV setups. 

Message 2 of 4
lostgear
Star

Thanks, that was fast! I was given the runaround in their chat support and never got a direct answer.

Would you know if the Orbi Pro Mini will be able to do this (VLAN tagging in AP mode).  Obviously without the Easy Mesh feature which it does not have.  Tried to post in the Orbiter Pro Section but somehow I'm not allowed to start a discussion there.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Should be able to start a discussion on the pro forum. Not sure why it won't let you. 

Sorry but I more a consumer forum side and my business forum knowledge is sketchy at best. 🙂 

Don't want to give you bad advice on the business side of things. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7